15% off Px Tools 3.4 through January 31st, 2020 and free upgrade to Px Tools 4.0 in Spring 2020, with coupon code FinalSprint.
Deployment. The annual bag of hurt we can’t get away from. It’s painful, time consuming, and frustrating. Using default settings and available tools like Autodesk single Suite/Industry Collection deployments can save some time, but the tool provided to users is not optimized for productive work. On the other hand, knowing what to customize, how to customize it, and getting that customization pushed to users is a gargantuan task. One few have time for.
Pragmatic Rollouts was created to streamline the process. To provide resources and recommendations for getting effective tools into users hands quickly, maintaining those tools over time, and eventually retiring those tools to make way for the next wave.
With Pragmatic Rollouts you can…
Uninstall Programs and Addins
- Batch uninstall all program components
- Delete orphaned shared program files, folders & registry keys
- Delete orphaned user files, folders & registry keys
Install Programs and Addins
- Revit, AutoCAD, NavisWorks, etc.
- ZoomtoAwesome, FamilyBrowser, ETransmit, ModelReview, etc.
- Enscape, Twinmotion, Revizto
- Microsoft Office, Visual Studio SketchUp, Bluebeam
- Any program that supports silent install flags
- Seed Revit UserDataCache files
- Seed RSN.ini & Revit Server Accelerator settings
- Provide shared Packages & Nodes for Dynamo
- Manage FlexLM settings & removal of extraneous LIC files
- Replace ADSKLIB material libraries and provide users with firm vetted material libraries instead
- Completely disable CommCenter, App Manager, Autodesk 360, Dynamo, etc. when those tools are not compatible with your office standards and processes
- Migrate Revit keyboard shortcuts from previous versions
- Add (or Enforce) Shortcuts to the Taskbar or Start Menu
- Customize File Dialog ‘Places’ settings in Revit, AutoCAD and DWG True View
- Install fonts
- Create and enforcing Network Locations
- Create and enforcing Mapped Drives
Manage Software and Assets
- Install updates (especially Revit updates) on a managed & intentional schedule without impacting staff
- Maintain all machines with identical update histories to aid in troubleshooting
- Provide local asset libraries (Revit families & templates, AutoCAD blocks, Dynamo packages, etc.) that are automatically updated from a vetted network resource
- Update software when network resources change (Revit.ini, Revit file dialog Places, Revit Server settings, AutoCAD shortcuts with custom profiles, FlexLM settings, etc.)
Provision Machines for easy long term management
- Define machines in a way that makes sense for your office; Laptops & Desktops, Designers & Project Managers, Healthcare & Hospitality, etc.
- Define what Set of software each machine should have
- Assign Set once to each machine
- Revise the Set of Software required, adding and removing programs as needed, and adding updates to each program as they become available
- Conform machines to the assigned set as currently defined’ software is automatically Uninstalled, Installed or Updated as needed to bring machine into compliance
Review the free Prologue chapter for more detail on the Conform Set concept
If you have never done Deployments before, or you have and want to learn some new tricks, training covers…
- Deployment creation, stability tweaks and migrations (when server names change, or when copying entire Deployments to different office locations)
- Network folder structure for management of deployment assets as well as program assets like office vetted family, block, material and pattern libraries
- Revit & AutoCAD customization, including the Sandbox testing protocol using Virtual Machines
Deployment creation, maintenance & migration
Manage multiple Locations with Pragmatic Rollouts for Multiple Location Firms
- Define the differences between your various locations; Network paths, FlexLM server order, Revit Server Local Accelerator, etc.)
- Use data Tokens to share a single set of Rollout Definitions
- Copy complete, working Deployments to multiple offices and revise for local conditions
- Migrate computers from one location to another; to allow for centralized computer setup and distribution
- Migrate computers from one location to another; to allow for users changing locations
Contact me to schedule a demo via GoToMeeting
- Farnsworth Group
- Moffatt & Nichol
- Olson Kundig
- Parallax Team
- Renzo Piano Building Workshop
- Tipton Associates
- Weber Murphy Fox Inc.